About the Senior Front End Engineer Position
At a high level, you must:
- Be capable of taking on any size and complexity of Front End project.
- Be able to deliver the Front End portion of projects on time and on budget.
- Evaluate frameworks, technologies and tools and determine their relevance to a particular project or the wider department.
- Work closely with team members from various departments.
- Be able to manage multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
On a project, you will:
- Work closely with the Front End Architect to understand project needs and learn new development technologies.
- Collaborate with back end engineers to ensure seamless integration of components.
- Identify and raise potential project risks to the team and help to alleviate those risks.
- Strong command of web standards, responsive design, and cross-browser compatibility.
- Experience with source control systems (SVN, GIT, TFS, etc)
- Experience developing large web sites and web applications.
- Experience with ECMAScript2015 (ES6), ECMAScript2016 (ES7) or Babel compiler a plus.
- Attention to detail. Be able to replicate provided designs and meet all functional requirements of the project.
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Good judgment, strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, and a finely tuned balance of technical purity and pragmatism.
- Knowledge of common code design patterns, design principles and industry best practices.
- Agency experience
- Remain up to date with industry trends and technologies and be able to apply this knowledge to project work.
- Sitecore or other enterprise CMS experience a plus.
Ten great reasons to work for Verndale
- Rapid growth company of 15 years maintaining start-up company feel
- Laser focus on cutting-edge technology and killer service offerings to clients
- Internal promotions that are frequent and do not take years to achieve
- Collaborative, open, work environment and no formal dress code
- Beautiful new building in Quito; easily accessible to public transportation
- Open door policy and strong manager/employee communication
- Free lunch Fridays and free beer at 3:30pm
- Twelve company paid holidays and 3 weeks paid vacation at date of hire
- Private Health Insurance
- Fitness Club membership that includes: gym, squash court, steam room, sauna and spa.
Compensation & Benefits
Verndale is proud of the fun, diverse, and respectful company environment we enjoy on a daily basis. Competitive compensation, company paid holidays and personal time off make having a work-life balance possible. For some roles working from home on an as-needed basis is a definite possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping our own happy and motivated.