About the position
The Helpdesk Support Tier 1 is responsible for answering, managing, and replying to managed services inquiries from Verndale's clients. The help desk is the first level of support and response for clients. The Helpdesk Tier 1 will be responsible for providing solutions to common client problems, managing support issues that need to be assigned to network administrators, engineers, and solution analysts, and ensuring that all SLA requirements are met.
The help desk is the first line of support for both clients and internal Verndale IT, answering phone calls, emails, and help desk tickets. Tickets may be created by clients, Verndale staff, or generated automatically by monitoring software. The qualified candidate must be able to work with limited supervision and will be responsible for shifts from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Ten great reasons to work for Verndale:
1. Rapid growth company of 15 years maintaining start-up company feel
2. Laser focus on cutting-edge technology and killer service offerings to clients
3. Internal promotions that are frequent and do not take years to achieve
4. Collaborative, open, work environment and no formal dress code
5. Beautiful new building in Quito; easily accessible to public transportation
6. Open door policy and strong manager/employee communication
7. Free lunch Fridays and free beer at 3:30pm
8. Twelve company paid holidays and 3 weeks paid vacation at date of hire
9. Private Health Insurance
10. Fitness Club membership that includes: gym, squash court, steam room, sauna and spa.
Compensation & Benefits
Verndale is proud of the fun, diverse, and respectful company environment we enjoy on a daily basis. Competitive compensation, company paid holidays and personal time off make having a work-life balance possible. For some roles working from home on an as-needed basis is a definite possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping our own happy and motivated.