About the Senior QA Engineer Position
If you are an extremely outgoing and self-motivated Senior QA Engineer with experience testing web applications then this is the job for you! We are looking for a highly-skilled and organized tester, who loves working in a fast-paced environment, to come join our team.
This person will be responsible for testing various web applications and back-end web products for our clients, ensuring the utmost quality.
Verndale’s QA Team is small, but growing fast, and this is an opportunity to work very closely with the department leaders to help drive improvements to the QA Process.
- This position will require very strong testing experience.
- Responsible for test planning, test execution and defect management for a variety of projects.
- Manually test new web applications for Verndale’s clients ensuring top-notch quality.
- Responsible for identifying areas where automation testing could be implemented.
- Responsible for implementing automation testing when needed.
- Write detailed test plans and test cases.
- File and verify complete, easy-to-follow, accurate and detailed bugs on a regular basis.
- Be counted on to independently deliver projects on time with very minimal oversight.
- Must respond to and follow-up on requests in a timely fashion.
- Attend regular SCRUMs with project team members.
- Work closely with Technical Business Analysts, Engineering and Front-end Development Teams to understand new functionality and how to best test the functionality
- Work with the Project Manager to understand QA schedules and timelines.
- Proactively keep your project team updated on project status.
- Raise relevant questions and drive issues to resolution in a timely manner.
- Work with department leaders to help refine the QA Process.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Senior QA Engineer.
- Must be clear, concise and forthright with both verbal and written communications.
- Must be outgoing and comfortable asking questions when clarification for items is needed.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- We are a very team-oriented environment, so you must be a team player.
- Ability to stay organized, multi-task and effectively complete your projects in our very dynamic environment.
- Expert in testing web applications on Windows and Mac as well as mobile and tablet devices.
- Testing experience with a variety of browser platforms, including IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
- Experience understanding and performing automation testing.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Suite (Confluence/Jira) is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Content Management Systems is preferred.