Senior Front End Engineer
About the Front End Engineer Position
- Be capable of taking on any size and complexity of Front End project.
- Be able to deliver the Front End portion of projects on time and on budget.
- Evaluate frameworks, technologies and tools and determine their relevance to a particular project or the wider department.
- Work closely with team members from various departments.
- Be able to manage multiple projects and responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Work closely with the Front End Architect to understand project needs and learn new development technologies.
- Collaborate with back end engineers to ensure seamless integration of components.
- Identify and raise potential project risks to the team and help to alleviate those risks.
- Technical Expertise
- Strong command of web standards, responsive design, accessibility, and cross-browser compatibility.
- Experience with Git
- Experience developing large web sites and web applications.
- Experience with es6, es7, babel, webpack, gulp
- Attention to detail. Be able to replicate provided designs and meet all functional requirements of the project.
- Strong collaboration skills and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
- Good judgment, strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, and a finely tuned balance of technical purity and pragmatism.
- Knowledge of common code design patterns, design principles and industry best practices.
- Agency experience
- Remain up to date with industry trends and technologies and be able to apply this knowledge to project work.
- Sitecore or other enterprise CMS experience a plus.
Ten Great Reasons to Work at Verndale
- We are a rapidly growing company that is just as scrappy and entrepreneurial today as when we were founded in 1998.
- We are relentlessly curious, and enthusiastically solve our client’s complicated business problems through technology, data, and design.
- We foster a culture that enables every person in the organization to do the best work of their career.
- We offer regular training and professional development to move careers forward.
- Client and employee satisfaction are our two most important business metrics.
- We celebrate and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- We offer generous paid company holidays, vacation, and paid sick time to every employee starting on day one.
- We offer top-of-the-line Health Insurance, plus monthly perks customized to meet individual employees’ needs.
- We support a healthy work/life balance.
- We are fully remote enabled and embrace the evolving definition of the workplace.
Verndale is a customer experience agency, purpose-built to help marketing and technology leaders connect the dots of the consumer journey. From our offices in Boston, Los Angeles, Minneapolis and Quito, we design and build digital experiences, and enable marketing technologies that bring brands and their customers together.
We know that in order to go great work, you have to make work great. Verndale is committed to always being a company that celebrates diversity, equality and inclusion. We strive to recruit and retain people who are committed to creating the climate of respect that is essential for individual and company success. Verndale's services are built around a core methodology that encompasses Growth Strategy, Experience Design, Technology Enablement, and Experience Optimization.Learn more at www.verndale.com
Compensation & Benefits
Verndale is proud of the fun, diverse, and respectful company environment we enjoy on a daily basis. Competitive compensation and comprehensive coverage for medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) savings plan are offered to all full-time employees. Ample company paid holidays and personal time off make having a work-life balance possible. For some roles, remote work is a definite possibility; we believe in hiring the best and keeping our own happy and motivated.
Verndale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.